Excellent Taieri Dairying Opportunity
Web Reference: SWDR0365
285 + 467 Marshall Road West, Henley, Dunedin
Price on Application
- 285 + 467 Marshall Road West, Henley
• 285 & 467 Marshall Road West, Berwick
• Rare opportunity to purchase one large dairy platform or two very good separate dairy farms.
• Option 1 - Terrington and Highbridge being 255ha unit
• Option 2 - Terrington being 121ha unit
• Option 3 - Highbridge being 134ha unit
• Together these farms are producing a 5 year average of $305,950kg MS p.a. with at least 50% of cows wintered on.
• 1,200kg MS per ha on grass, silage and PK system.
• High quality soils in excellent heart with P levels averaging 41 and pH levels of over 6.
• Multiable housing along with quality farm buildings including 2 x dairy sheds, 2 wintering barns
with stand offs, multiable calf sheds and implement sheds.
• These well located farms are within close distance to Dunedin City and Dunedin Airport.
• Both Terrington and Highbridge are currently run in conjunction with each other and both have
very good reputations as high producing farms.
• Realistic prices have been set.
Contact sole agent Ray Kean 027 435 7478.
|Land Area||255 hectare|
|Primary School||Outram Primary School|
|Primary School Bus||Yes|
|Secondary School||Taieri College|
|Secondary School Bus||Yes|
|Present Condition ( areas approx. )||Terrington 6.42 Fodder Highbridge 8.61 Fodder beat, Balance on both properties MA Pasture Area Breakdown, Terrington, Freehold - 78.8604, Leasehold - 42.6578 Highbridge, Freehold 134.5613 Totals - Freehold = 213.4219, Leasehold = 42.6578|
|Average RF||700 - 800mls|
|Subdivision ( No of Paddocks ) Main||Terrington= 66, Highbridge= 88|
|Fences||Post & wire with electrics|
|Water Supply||Highbridge - Private Bore Terrington - West Taieri water scheme House Water Highbridge - Rainwater Terrington - 45 Units West Taieri water scheme|
|Irrigation||Effulent, Terrington - 24ha, Highbridge - 26ha|
|Fertiliser||Test every 2nd year. PH all over 6. P average mid 30's. 2018/19 50%, 300 kg/ha of DAP and MOP Mix, balance 600 kg/ha DAP & MOP Mix, Highbridge. Terrington - 20ha get 600 kg/ha DAP/MOP, balance 200 kg/ha DAP|
|Access & Roads||Predominantly Rock lanes|
|Supplement made on Farm||Baleage, Highbridge - 200 bales Baleage. 15ha Fodder Beat, Silage made on runoff. Terrington - 350 Bales Baleage|
|Homestead||Highbridge Dwelling 1: * Open plan kitchen, dining and living * 3 bedrooms * Family bathroom * 2 x toilets * Roughcast cladding * ron roof * Aluminium joinery Dwelling 2: * Open plan kitchen * Dining and lounge * 3 bedrooms * Sunroom or 4th bedroom * Family bathroom * 2 x toilets * Roughcast * Iron roof * Aluminum joinery Terrington * Three bedroom * Open plan kitchen, dining and lounge * Family bathroom * 1 x toilet * Laundry * Tidy well presented home * Brick cladding * Iron roof * Aluminium joinery|
|Other Homes||Terrington - Self contained Sleepout|
|Farm Buildings||Terrington: * 24 aside Herringbone shed (Waikato Plant) 330/340 cow yard * 2 large calf sheds/implement shed * Wintering barn with stand off * PK Bin * 3 Bay Haybarn * Concrete silage bunkers Highbridge: * 30 aside Herringbone Dairy shed (Reid Plant) * 360 cow yard * 2 large calf sheds/hay barn * Wintering barn with stand off * Work shop * 4 bay calf shed|
|Wintered Stock Numbers ( approx )||Production as per attached|
|Contour Description||Flat, extensive regrassing programme taken place|
|Effluent||Terrington - Ponds to travelling irrigation over approximatley 24ha, 60 day storage. Highbridge - Factory pump, 60 day storage.|
|Shelter Trees||Tree shelter throughout|